Ads 468x60px

Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Truth about Maroon 5 and Wiz Khalifa’s “Payphone”





maroon 5 & wiz khalifa image
http://graceasiado0710.blogspot.com/
Maroon 5 & Wiz Khalifa’s “Payphone” sold 493,000 digital downloads in its first week! I admit, this song is really amazing. Its lyrics and melody were left playing in my head like LSS (Last Song Syndrome), because the first time I’ve seen its official music video, I got hooked. I’m sure that you too, do you?

maroon 5 payhone image
http://graceasiado0710.blogspot.com/
This pop song is about a man that has build his dreams with someone he love, but then, that someone leave him and wasted the time and the love he gave. That girl has easily forgotten all of the memories and special moments that they have shared. Then, though it wasn’t his fault, the man is calling at the “Payphone” and still asks for a second chance but the girl thinks it is already too late.

I can easily relate to this song because just like the writer of the song, I’m also being sicked whenever I hear love songs that remind me of someone so dear to me that has gone or moved away.  If I will be that girl, I will never do that to the guy that loves me so much, and I will never let him go. (Too bad, he fell in love with that girl, and not with me.)
maroon 5 payphone image_2
http://graceasiado0710.blogspot.com/

Good news to the people that really appreciated this song, because this song was a success, reaching number two on the Billboard Hot 100chart, and on the ARIA Charts, and topped the Canadian Hot 100, UK Singles Chart and Italian Singles Chart. I’m so glad that finally, in their fourth album "Overexposed", that was released worldwide last June 26th, 2012, it is the album's lead single.

I can’t wait to see what would be their next single.

0 comments:

Post a Comment